Followers

Monday 25 March 2013

Firestarter


Good afternoon all!  Today I bring you a look at a very special mood potion I have created.  I debuted it at a private little trunk show put on by The Local Social on Friday, March 22, 2013.  The following day I debuted it in my etsy shop.  This new mood potion I am talking about is called Firestarter.  Firestarter is a scattered holo jelly thermal that goes from orange when cold to yellow when hot.  It's super bright and cheery and the scattered holo is dazzling in direct sunlight and even under certain artificial light.  There is also a slight hidden golden shimmer when it is yellow.  Words cannot describe this mood potion well enough.  You have to see it to believe it!  And pics don't do it justice but they give a decent idea.

As mentioned above, Firestarter is orange when cold.  These photos are my own swatches on my own nails.  I used three generous coats of Firestarter and one coat of Seche Vite dry fast top coat.  I could have stopped at two coats of Firestarter but I went for a third for a really saturated colour.





With a change in your body temperature, as you get warmer, Firestarter turns yellow.  For photo purposes I used hot water to assist in the colour change.




As I was taking photos and the water on my nails dried, the colour was changing back to the cold colour rather quickly and the following photos were the result of that.



I then wanted to show the colour change from one extreme to the other on the nails so I got my hands completely cold and then dipped the tips of my nails in hot water.

directly after dipping the tips in hot water
a few minutes after dipping the tips in hot water, the heat began to spread to the rest of the nail bed
The next day the sun was out in all its glory so I decided to get some full sunlight shots to show off the gorgeous scattered holo as much as I could.  As you can imagine, holo is hard to capture on camera and these photos again don't do the holo aspect of this polish justice but you get a pretty good idea.  I also did not use any water or anything to change the colour of the polish, I took photos just as the polish was on me at that moment, which was mostly yellow as my hands were fairly warm but the tips remained a little bit orange still as the free edge was still exposed to the air and my nails are fairly long and the tips extend passed my fingertips.



slightly blurred photo to show off the holo

Check out my video of Firestarter!

 

So what does everyone think of Firestarter?

You can find Firestarter in my etsy shop as mentioned above (specialty mood potion).  A full-sized bottle is $10.00 CAD.  Firestarter is slightly more expensive than my other mood potions but that is due to the holo component as thermal pigments are expensive and holo pigment is event more expensive so I had to bring the price up a little bit from the rest of my mood potions.  However, if you enjoy my other mood potions then Firestarter will surely NOT DISAPPOINT!  I think it's my new personal fave and I can't stop watching my nails, especially in the sunlight :) LOL

And don't forget, if you're in the Edmonton, Alberta, Canada area, you can make an appointment to get a manicure done with this stunner, or any other nail potion in my collection.  Express manicures are only $10.00 and are effectively just a polish change.  Full manicures with cuticle work and shaping etc. are $15.00 to $20.00 depending on any nail art or embellishments.

If you're in the Edmonton, Alberta, Canada are, you can also book a polish party with me.  Gather your gal pals for an afternoon or evening, I will come to your home with all of my available nail potions and perform express manicures on you and all your guests and have my products out for display and purchase.  As the hostess you get your express manicure for FREE.  You will also receive 15% off any nail potions you purchase that day and you will receive bonus gifts/free product when your friends book and hold their own polish party.  Click on my "Contact Me" page to find out how to get in touch with me to book any of these appointments/events.

2 comments:

  1. Bree, this is absolutely gorgeous! The colors remind me of a grapefruit. It definitely gives off a glittery citrus flare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Samantha!! You are totally right on the grapefruit thing, good call! Makes me this of summer even more with this :)

      Delete