Followers

Saturday 26 January 2013

OPI DS Opulence and Darling Diva Polish Fancy Nancy

Good evening all!  Today I am bringing you a mani that I absolutely love!!  The reason I love it so much is because it is done with an OPI DS polish.  The DS line is probably my most favorite and sought after line of all nail polish brands out there.  I'm trying to get the complete line but as you can imagine, that is difficult, and can be pricey.  But I've got a decent chunk of them to keep me happy...for now ;)  I have mainly the newer shades rather than the original first shades that came out.  This mani also turned out to be somewhat appropriate for Valentine's Day, although that was not at all intentional.


Opulence is one of OPI's Designer Series shades.  It is a deep rose pink loaded with fine holo glitter.  The formula and application were perfect.  One decent coat is really all that is needed, however, I used two coats just to make sure I got full opacity and good depth to the colour and glitter.  Dry time was nice and fast and it finishes nice and glossy and smooth, even without a top coat.  I would highly recommend any of the DS shades if you can get your hands on them.  And if you like pink this is a gorgeous pink to have in your collection.  It's not too pink that it makes it bubblegummy or super girly but it is definitely pink and I actually love this shade of pink with my skin tone.



Darling Diva Polish is an indie brand of polish and actually one of the first indie brands I purchased when I first got into indies.  This is Fancy Nancy which is a shimmery clear base with various sized hex glitters in various pastel shades of blue, yellow, pink and white as well as red hexes, iridescent glitter, white hearts and holo diamonds.  The dry time was good, however, it was difficult to get the hearts and diamonds out and I had to do some major fishing and even then didn't get a lot of them out.  Once I fished out the large shapes I had to use the placement method in order to get everything nice and spaced the way I wanted it.  If you just use the normal nail polish painting technique all you end up with is the iridescent and smaller hex glitters, which that looks nice too but the diamonds and hearts are what really make it special and interesting.  I am overlooking the application though as I love the look of the end result of this polish and I think the name is just too cute.

So I used Opulence on all nails in two coats and on my accent nails I placed Fancy Nancy over top.  Everything was then topped off with a generous coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.  Here is what the result looks like.








OPI polishes can be purchased a various stores, salons and e-shops.  Designer Series shades can be difficult to find but sometimes you can come across some old stock that is sitting on a dusty shelf somewhere or you can find some on various websites.  If I recall correctly I actually purchased my bottle of Opulence with a few other DS shades and some Skyfall shades off an ebay store back in November.

Darling Diva Polish can be purchased from her etsy store:


And you can follow Darling Diva Polish on Facebook:


So what do we all think of this mani?  Like I said, it kind of turned out to be an unintentional Valentine's Day mani with the heart glitters and the pink but I think it's really cute and pretty.  And well I love anything to do with an OPI DS polish!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Your nails are gorg!! Im glad I found your site!! Thanks for the Giveaway p.s!!

    ColorMeSoCrazy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete