Followers

Wednesday 6 February 2013

OPI Liquid Sand Stay the Night and The Impossible

Today I bring you a mani I did a while back and just have not had time to put together a blog post of, until now.  About mid January I got together with my bestie for a lady date and belated Christmas gift exchange as we had not been able to see one another over the holidays.  She spoiled me rotten (thank you AGAIN!) and one of my gifts was the mini set of OPI's Mariah Carey Liquid Sand polishes.  I had not yet tried textured polishes and am not normally a fan of matte finish polishes, but I could not wait to try out a couple of these as two colours really stuck out to me just while staring at the box.  All four were gorgeous at first glance but the two that I could not resist and couldn't wait to try were Stay the Night and The Impossible.

Stay the Night is a jelly black base with red glitter in it.  Obviously this is a textured and matte finish as it is part of the Liquid Sand collection.  I wasn't into the look of it on it's own which I wasn't surprised about as I had seen several swatches of this collection and wasn't keen on the textured look and I certainly wasn't keen on the feel of it in person.  But I put a good coat of Seche Vite over top and I was in love!  I used 3 thin coats for full opacity.


I did one accent nail in The Impossible as I thought it was a great match for Stay The Night and highlighted the red glitter in Stay The Night.  The Impossible is a bright red/fuchsia jelly with red and hex glitters.  The description on the box says it has star glitter too and I've seen swatches with the stars but I didn't come across any and don't see any by just looking at my bottle.  Again, I used 3 thin coats for full opacity and used a good coat of Seche Vite to give it some shine and smoothness.  And I actually did the opposite effect on my right hand where I used mainly The Impossible and then one accent nail in Stay The Night.



The formula on both of these was great.  Easy to apply and good coverage.  Again, I didn't care for the matte and textured look but that's just my personal taste.  I did find thought that these polishes wore extremely well.  No matter what I did (and I have small children so I'm always doing things that wreck manicures) I didn't get any tip wear or chipping for days and days.  When I finally did have to change my polish I still hadn't had any tip wear but rather a couple tiny chips on the corners of some of the nails.  But the chips were barely noticeable and I think it was almost a week by the time that happened.





So what do you all think of this mani and the colour combo?  I am in awe of this colour combo but I love black and red for almost anything!

And what are your own thoughts and experiences with the Liquid Sand line?  Do you prefer the matte and textured look?  Or are you like me and like the shiny and smooth look?

No comments:

Post a Comment