Followers

Friday 28 June 2013

Mrs. P's Nail Potions - Spring Fling with OPI DS Reserve accent

So I was going through all my photos and I came across a not-so-recent mani I did back in March or April which I hadn't posted yet.  OOPS!  So here it is!  It is kind of springy, hence why I did it in March/April, but it's still pretty and I'd still like to share it with all of you :)


So for this mani I used Mrs. P's Nail Potions Spring Fling with an accent ring finger of OPI DS Reserve.

Spring Fling is a sheer, shimmery pale green base with matte pastel hex glitters.  Depending on the thickness of the coats you apply it can be opaque in two to three coats.  It can also be used as a layering polish in one coat over almost any colour.  When used as a layering polish over colours other than green, it gives a neat sort of duochrome look as it is so sheer that the other colour comes through pretty much perfectly but it gives it a nice shimmery light green shift at certain angles.





Not much needs to be said about OPI DS Reserve.  It is part of the OPI Designer Series collection and is a medium pink loaded with a scattered holo.

See how pretty?!?!


I used this as an accent nail.  I love the combo of green and pink and I thought this pink with the scattered holo nicely picked up the pink of the hex glitters in Spring Fling.  This was almost a one coater but I did two to make sure I got a generous helping of all the holo goodness!




Everything was topped off with one coat of Seche Vite dry fast top coat.  All photos were taken indoors near a window in direct sunlight.






Spring Fling can be found in my etsy shop here and retails for $8.00 CAD per bottle.

As always with my lacquers, if you purchase any five full-sized bottles you can receive $5.00 off with code "BUY5GET5" and $10.00 off of ten bottles with code "BUY10GET10".

As for the OPI DS polishes, it is tough to find them sometimes.  Reserve is not one of the original or older DS polishes so I was able to find my bottle easily through Nail Polish Canada for $16.00 CAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment