Followers

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Shimmering Sherbet Manicure

Good evening all!  I did this manicure over the long weekend just didn't have time to do a post until now.  I call this my Shimmering Sherbet Manicure :)  A friend of mine, Yvonne, saw this and said it reminded her of sherbet and I think she's totally right!  The colors blend so nicely together and they are nice and summery and pretty much sherbet colors :)  Mmmmmmmm yummy...sherbet...DROOL! LOL.  Can't wait for summer!

Colors used for this manicure (left to right in pic above) are Essie Lilacism, Essie A Crewed Interest, China Glaze Dance Baby from the Electropop line and Essie As Gold as it Gets from the Luxeffects line (topcoat).
This is not water marbling.  This is just marbling with a generous amount of polish on the nail and using the end of an orange stick or toothpick to drag the colors through one another.
This is another one of those unique manicures in that because of the effect no nail is the same and they are all slightly different.

I'm quite pleased with how this turned out and how well the colors worked together.  Better than what I thought they would by just looking at them in the bottles.  And the As Gold as it Gets overtop just gives it a nice shimmer and extra something special :).

Please feel free to comment below if you have any thoughts or questions about this manicure or if you are interested in having a manicure done by me.  Only $5 for a simple polish change or $10 for a full on manicure with cuticle clean up etc. or for complicated nail art such as this manicure.

I am trying to gain experience and clientele.  I will be on maternity leave as of June and once my little boy is born and everything is settled again I will be taking some manicure and pedicure classes to become a certified manicurist and pedicurist and will be supplying these services out of my home.  Until then I am just trying to get practice and experience on my own, hence the cheap price.  I can do painting of toe nails as well for just $5 but cannot do full pedicures because I do not have the necessary equipment for that.  But I can paint your toe nails and make them pretty as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment