Followers

Monday 9 April 2012

Hello Spring Manicure

So I'm still behind in my blog posts :(  This mani I did back around the supposed first day of spring (although we're had two large snow storms here in Edmonton and some sketchy weather so hasn't felt much like true spring).  For this manicure I used Nicole by OPI's Hello World which is a fantastic orangey red jelly polish.  I believe I did two thicker coats and it turned out fantastic just on it's own.  It was super glossy and smooth and the application was perfect.  Here it is just on it's own, not even with a top coat.



I then added a few little details in pure white for a bright contrasting pop - Dollarama nail stickers in white (flowers and butterflies) and an accent nail in OPI's White Shatter.



Although I generally love the look of shattered polish, I just wasn't feeling it on this day.  I don't know if it was because it was just one nail or because maybe it was too much contrast or maybe because it didn't go with the more dainty and delicate feel of the flowers and butterflies, but I removed the shatter shortly thereafter and just did a hand painted flower design on my ring finger nails using Witchcraft white and silver glitter nail art.



Close up of hand painted flower
I was totally happy and thrilled with the final outcome of this mani and kept it on for almost an entire week!!  Which is a big deal for me LOL.  On another note, the Nicole by OPI's Hello World was such a cinch to remove and I haven't had that easy of a time removing ANY polish for as long as I can remember.  Very very very happy with this polish and would recommend it to anyone if you can get your hands on it.  The Shoppers Drugmart I got it at happened to be clearing the shade out at $3.47 which is why I picked it up in the first place.  I posted pics of this on Instagram and one of my gal pals fell in love with the polish and said she couldn't find it so we arranged a swap and she sent me some polishes I couldn't find and I looked everywhere for Hello World again and it took a few weeks to find it.  I finally found it at Wal-Mart.

As always, please feel free to comment and ask any questions.  And if you are in the Edmonton, Alberta area please contact me about getting cheap mani's and pedis done at my home by MOI! :)  Only $5.00 for a simple polish change on fingers or toes and only $10.00 for a full on mani.  Don't have the tools to do full pedicures...YET!  Spread the good word :D

2 comments:

  1. That is SUCH a lovely red on you! I wish I could rock the colour red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanx for following my blog :)

      It's a funny color cuz it's actually not just red. More orangey than red but looks so different in photos and depending on the light. And I'm sure you could do red. I pay no attention to nail color with skin tone, I just do what I feel and what I think is fun and would look nice LOL :)

      Delete